Sunday, May 26, 2013

The Lost Art of True Beauty

At the convention in the Opryland Hotel I bought 4 amazing books! The one that I am reading right now is called The Lost Art of True Beauty by Leslie Ludy.






I thought it is really interesting how she says as little girls we always wanted to be a princess dress in flowy, beautiful dresses waiting to be swept off out feet by our knight in shining armor. (well I know I played that. :P) But when you get into your older teens you still have that want to be seen as a beautiful princess, but when we try to find it in today's standards of "beauty" all we get is emptiness.

Something that stuck out to me.
When Christ overtakes a woman's life and transforms her from the inside out, she becomes truly feminine-a picture of elegance, grace, and loveliness blended with sacrificial selfless devotion to her King...
She is enchantingly mysterious, holding her inner life sacred and guarding her heart with quiet tenacity. 


The book is really challenging so far but I am enjoying it very much. 
I am glad I bought it. :)
 

1 comment:

  1. Aren't good books wonderful? Somehow they help us look at what is past and move into the future with new motivation. Thank you God for those who have gone before and for their ability to write their wisdom gained down on paper for us to read.

    ReplyDelete